Attic’s are often illustrated as scary spaces with old creepy toys and spider webs. But in reality, attics are truly uncharted real estate in your home that with a small investment, can offer huge benefits. Here are just some of the directions you can go in with an attic renovation:
- HOME OFFICE: With the rise of small businesses, many homeowners need an office in their home. Converting an attic space to your home office is a great option. Fill the space with your workstation, file storage, and even a conference table if you choose to bring clients into your home. The best part? You can totally unplug and leave everything on the top floor when the workday is done!
- STUDY ROOM: Wouldn’t it be nice if the kiddos had a designated space to do homework each day? Rather than sprawling out on the dining room table, your attic space can be transformed into a study room. Think desk spaces, a large project table, and even a reading nook. You can get your work done downstairs, while the kids are getting their work done upstairs.
- ENTERTAINMENT AREA: If you have a large family or large group of friends, entertainment space is essential in your home. Expand your entertaining opportunities by converting your attic. Turn it into an additional living room with a bar for cocktails and conversation. Or consider a theatre set up for movie nights, with a big screen and comfortable seating. The possibilities are endless!
- PLAYROOM: Give the toys a home! A playroom gives you a designated space for your kids to play. It can help them keep their room orderly and stands as a home for all their stuff. Just think, it’s tucked neatly behind a door, anytime you want – for your sanity of course. Consider features like a chalkboard wall, a movie viewing corner, and even a large crafting table. The kids will love it!
- BEDROOM: Perhaps the family is growing, or maybe your current bedrooms are rather small. Converting your attic space could give you that additional bedroom area you’ve been looking for! Maybe your teen needs to move out of their sibling’s bedroom. Or it could be the perfect opportunity to create that grand, master bedroom! We know, you’re already picking out new bedding for it!
- LIBRARY: If your house is filled with bookworms, a library is an obvious choice for your attic renovation. Use wall space to create endless bookshelves and create a cozy reading area next to a window. It will be the perfect space to get lost in a good book.
- CRAFT ROOM: If your hot glue gun needs a permanent home, a craft room could be the perfect choice for an attic renovation. This open space is a blank slate for you to include craft storage, crafting tables, and home for all your gadgets. Think of everything you can create in this new space!
- CLOSET: Is your resident fashionista taking up all the closet space? Opt to transform your unused attic space into a luxe walk-in closet. You will surely have enough room for clothes, as well as other high-end features like a jewelry island, lounge area, and accessory display. Just make sure you leave enough room for those future shopping trips!
- MAN CAVE: If the guys need a haven away from the rest of the house, a man cave is surely the way to go for your attic renovation. From big-screen TVs for sports to a souped-up computer station for gaming, this men’s only space can cater to personal preferences and interests. Just make sure you include that fridge for beer storage!
Now that we’ve filled your head with attic renovation possibilities, we’d love to help bring that vision to life. The experts at Patriot Construction have vast knowledge in all renovation projects, including attics. If you’re looking to get the most out of the space in your home, we’d love for you to give us a call at 585.720.0990!